Moonfest – A Mid-Autumn Celebration is an annual traditional Chinese arts festival held in celebration of the Mid-Autumn Festival. Now in its 14th edition, Moonfest presents the opportunity for families and friends, young and old to be exposed to and rediscover the intrinsic beauty of traditional Chinese arts that are inspired by stories of legendary figures such as Ji Gong, the Living Buddha; Romance of the Three Kingdoms; The Creation of Gods, and Journey to the West.
Featuring more than 60 ticketed and free programmes, this year’s highlights include:
- A one-night only performance by Taiwan’s most established Hokkien opera troupe, Ming Hwa Yuan Arts & Cultural Group
- A repertoire of instrumental folk music and stories from classic novels by renowned pipa virtuoso Wu Man and the Huayin Shadow Puppet Band
- An interactive and fun puppetry production for the young
- Creative craft, percussion and martial arts workshops for parent and child
- Free traditional stage opera performances at the Moonfest Chinese Opera Stage along the waterfront
- The ever-popular Lantern Walkabout along the Esplanade waterfront!
Running from 21–23 Sep, we warmly welcome you to celebrate a meaningful Mid-Autumn with us at Esplanade.