About Families for Life National Day Picnic
1. What is the event about?
Families for Life National Day Picnic is celebrating Singapore’s birthday at Marina Barrage this year. We hope not just your family but also extended families (grandparents, aunties & uncles, cousins, nieces & nephews) can join in this celebration! Families can expect lots of fun-filled NDP themed family activities and not forgetting packing your picnic basket and grab a good spot for the fireworks which will be displayed during the NDP Preview. Families are encouraged to dress in red and/or white as part of our celebration.
2. Where is the event held?
1. Do I need to pay for registration?
Admission is free. Families who pre-register with us can receive a token from Families for Life on a first-come-first-served basis, while stocks last.
2. Who is eligible to register for the event?
Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents residing in Singapore can register for the event. The main registrant should be at least 18 years of age.
3. Can I register on behalf of someone else?
You should only register for your own family.
4. I have submitted the wrong particulars during registration, what should I do?
You can write in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Is there any limit in terms of the number of family members that I can bring along?
The more the merrier! We encourage multi-generation and extended families to join us at the picnics. There is no limit on the number of family members you can bring to the event. However, do note to register each family with the same household address with one email address.
6. If my registration is successful, would I be able to collect token at the event?
Upon successful registration, you should receive an email confirmation at the email address you've provided. Simply present the email via your smartphone/hardcopy printout at Registration Booth on the day of event to receive the token. Do check your spam/junk Inbox as well.
On Event Day
1. What time should we be at the event?
The picnic will start at 3.30pm. Families are encouraged to come early to grab a good picnic spot and watch the NDP fire preview at night!
2. I did not manage to register, can I still join the event?
As capacity within the Marina Barrage is limited, you may approach the walk in booth to check with the crew if they are able to accept any walks ins.
3. What do I need to bring for registration at the event? How do I collect the token?
For pre-registered families, please present your confirmation email via your smartphone/hardcopy printout at Registration Booth. The registration booth will be open strictly from 3.30pm to 7.30pm. Pre-registered families will be able to redeem the token on a first-come-first-served basis and while stocks last on event day. There will not be any redemption after the event.
4. What happens if it rains heavily or there is bad haze on the event day?
This is a rain or shine event. Updates on event activities will be done via Families for Life Facebook page at www.facebook.com/familiesforlife.sg .
5. Will there be any sale of food and drinks at the event?
Families are encouraged to bring your own food and drinks to create your unique picnic experience!
6. Can I bring a chair / beach chair / stool / table?
Safety is important to give everyone an enjoyable experience at the event. As such, foldable tables, chairs or stools are not allowed at the event.
7. Can I bring a tent or small canopy structure to provide shade?
No tents or other structures with canopy are allowed at the event as these might cause obstruction and pose a safety hazard to other families.
8. Are there toilets at the event?
There are portable and public toilet facilities located around the venue.
9. Is there wheelchair access?
The venue is wheelchair accessible. Please check with the onsite crew.
10. How could we dispose of our trash?
Trash bins will be provided. Please ensure that your area is litter-free when you leave to create a pleasant experience for everyone.
11. How can I find out more about Families for Life and other upcoming events?
Please follow us on Facebook or visit our website (www.familiesforlife.sg) for updates. You may also wish to subscribe to our mailing list.
12. Who should I contact for more information?
For more information, you can email email@example.com.
About Marina Barrage
1. Are pets allowed at Marina Barrage?
Yes, pets are allowed in the outdoor areas, with the exception of the Water Playground. Owners are to ensure that their pets are leashed at all times and are also required to clean up after their pets. Please note that pets are not allowed inside the sustainable Singapore Gallery.
2. Are bicycles and skates allowed in the Marina Barrage?
Yes, they are, but to ensure a safe experience for all our visitors, please note that cyclist and skaters must not speed or perform stunts that may endanger the safety of other visitors. All wheeled-activities are not allowed on the ramps of the Green Roof as well. Please refer to website https://www.pub.gov.sg/marinabarrage/faqs for more FAQ.