The secret of fulfilment lies in contentment. For seniors 50 and beyond who yearn to use their talents and accumulated wisdom to give back to society, actively seeking meaningful work becomes important to gaining personal satisfaction.
Vocational wellness is the ability to gain personal satisfaction from your endeavours – be it a career (paid work) or voluntary work (unpaid) – while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Satisfaction is attained when you are able to contribute your skills and talents towards meaningful and rewarding work that also resonates with your core values. So make your senior years the best of times to follow through on those dreams and turn them into reality.
When you volunteer out of the goodness of your heart, you will also receive in return.
The benefits of volunteering include:
- Widening of your social circle
- Development of skills
- Contributing to the welfare of the next generation
- Building self-esteem and confidence
- Becoming a role model for others
Improving Vocational Wellness
- Believe in the benefits your work is bringing to society.
- See your work as satisfying and rewarding.
- Be committed and enjoy what you do.
- Focus on your passion and goals, and do not settle for less.
- Avoid overworking yourself.
Republished with permission from Council of Third Age.
Tags: Elderly Care /Health Matters